What are the benefits of treating sleep apnea?
What are the benefits of treating sleep apnea? When left untreated, sleep apnea can negatively affect your energy levels, productivity and mental well-being. It can also have long-term, adverse effects on your heart, metabolism and overall health. Sleep apnea can affect anyone — fit or overweight, old or young, male or female. It can even affect children. A few of the common symptoms are:
- Loud snoring
- Lack of energy
- Daytime sleepiness
- Morning headaches
- A partner or family member notices that you stop breathing during sleep
Effective treatment of sleep apnea has been shown to help alleviate these symptoms, which can lead directly to a healthier mental outlook and improved well-being. If you think you or someone you know might have sleep apnea, it’s important that you talk to a doctor or health care professional. Be sure to let your doctor know if any of the following apply to you:
- I’ve been told that I stop breathing during sleep.
- My family tells me I snore.
- I’m tired all day even after a full night’s sleep.
- I have no energy.
- I frequently wake up with a headache.
- I nap anytime and anywhere I can.